Saturday, February 20, 2010

Starcraft 2 Finally Within Sight

The original Starcraft video game came out in 1998. If you have not heard of it, talk to any gamer and I am sure they have. After 11+ years of waiting for a sequel to the great strategy game, it is finally drawing near. Blizzard has finally announced that Starcraft 2: Wing of Liberty will be out in Fall 2010. 12 years later, gamers will finally be able to play the sequel to one of the best strategy games of all time. And us Starcraft fans are ecstatic.

I myself started playing in 2000. A few of my friends had mentioned what a great game it was so I decided to check it out. Well I loved the game and I played many hours with my friends in high school and college. I remember talking to my friends at school about games we played the night before. Once I got to college, we set up LAN connections to play with other people in my dorm. Starcraft became a hit among most of my friends. We played all the time for about a year. From about 2000-2007, Starcraft would never die. If there were a few months where I did not play, one of my friends brought up the idea again and we would play for a while again. Starcraft is still my favorite strategy game to this day, and I am not sure there is any other video game I have played more. I just hope that my high expectations for the sequel can be met.

To see more about the game coming out, check out the following links:
http://www.vgrevolution.com/2010/02/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-enters-closed-beta/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2010/02/a-night-with-starcraft-2-things-to-do-in-the-beta.ars/

A list of Starcraft 2 gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdstarcraft?blend=1&ob=4

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.autosusadonissan.com