Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10 Super Bowl Observations

Yes, I am a couple days late giving my Super Bowl comments. Forgive me, as I have been busy dealing with work and the 2010 blizzard. By now, everyone knows that Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints managed to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts, 31-17. But alas here they are, my 10 Super Bowl observations:

1. Tracy Porter (Saints cornerback) is my top defensive player for the playoffs. He not only intercepted Peyton Manning for a pick-6 to seal the victory in the Super Bowl, but he was also the same player who intercepted Brett Favre in the NFC Championship game to send it to overtime. And we all know how that played out.

2. As a Skins fan, I have to give props to Greg Williams' defense. Williams found a way to hold the Colts potent offense to 17 points, and only 7 in the final 3 quarters. Not to mention the 7 points Porter added on. Don't point out to me the fact that the Colts had 423 total yards, 110 more than the Saints. The Saints' defense stopped the Colts when it mattered.

3. If Pierre Garcon catches that ball across the middle of the field in the second quarter, does this game take a different turn?

4. Is anyone else surprised that the Super Bowl record for number of completions was passed in the THIRD QUARTER? Manning and Brees combined for 63 total.

5. Onto another Pierre, the PT Cruiser continues to impress me. While Pierre Thomas' numbers are never gaudy in the passing offense, he manages to make big plays every game and escape would-be tacklers. Maybe I am a bit biased because he was on 2 of my fantasy teams.

6. 23 year-old kicker Garrett Hartley continues to impress for the Saints. He broke a Super Bowl record by making 3 40+ yard field goals.

7. Drew Brees capped off a phenomenal year by leading his team to a Super Bowl win and tying the Super Bowl record with 32 completions. I have been impressed with Brees since his time in San Diego, and I am glad he was able to finally win the big one.

8. Despite only having 1 Super Bowl win, Peyton Manning is still one of the best quarterbacks of all time. He is consistently excellent every year, makes simply amazing passes, and basically runs the offense himself. I do not think it is fair that some people say since he does not have the rings, he is not one of the greatest. Enjoy watching him these last few years of his career.

9. I heard that only 11 Colts fans were present in Indianapolis to welcome the Colts back from their monster season that just fell short. Isn't that awful??

10. Congratulations to the Super Bowl Champion Saints and the entire city of New Orleans. I am happy to see the team win the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.autosusadonissan.com