Monday, February 15, 2010

The ORIGINAL Boondock Saints is Back

Back in high school, I heard a few great things about a movie called The Boondock Saints. I had never heard about it being in theaters, or knew anything about the movie. Then, in September 2002, I was able to get my hands on a copy of the unrated version of this movie. I read the summary briefly and it seemed interesting enough. I loved the next 2 hours of my life. I had never seen a movie like this before. It was so unique, so entertaining, and of course, so violent. To this day, The Boondock Saints is still one of my favorite movies. I have had a big "Saints" poster on my wall for the last couple years. Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Norman Reedus play excellent roles in this cult classic.

After I watched it, I remember wishing I had seen it in theaters. Near the end of 2009, they made a sequel. I was super excited, but also skeptical. This movie was decent, but it was not the same as the brilliant original film. My friends and I thought "if only the original Boondock Saints was in theaters."

Well soon we, along with all the other fans of the cult classic, will get our wish. It was brought to my attention today by a co-worker that the original movie will be released for one day only in theaters. Yes, The Boondock Saints will be in some theaters nationwide for one night only. This night is March 11 at 7:30. And I cannot wait!

Check out the link for more details and ticket information:
The Boondock Saints 10th Anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.autosusadonissan.com