Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cowboys Get Pounded; Chargers Get Upset

Well the NFL divisional playoff round is now complete. In case anyone did not see or just forgot, the final scores were:

Cardinals   14              Ravens    3              Cowboys   3                Jets        17
Saints         45             Colts       20             Vikings    34               Chargers 14

I have to say that while Saturday's results were what I predicted, I thought that Sunday's were quite a surprise. For the early game, I expected the Cowboys to put up a fight and potentially pull off the only upset of the football weekend. As a Redskins football fan born and raised in the DC area, this was hard for me to admit. So when the Cowboys were crushed by the Vikings and my prediction was wrong, I was definitely happy. The Vikings defense terrorized Tony Romo and the Cowboys on Sunday. If the defense can play like that versus the Saints, I would expect to see Brett Favre return to the Super Bowl.

Now for the later football game, was I the only person that thought the Chargers would be able to handle the Jets semi-easily? The Chargers won 13 straight and were an unstoppable force through the season, and looked as though it would continue in the playoffs. Their offense and defense were running on all cylinders, but I guess the bye week and the Jets defense caught them. The Chargers dropped to the Jets 17-14, thanks partially to Nate Kaeding's 3 field goal misses. Who would see those coming from a kicker who has been so consistent?  Well once again, upsets like this are why you play the game, and why the National Football League is so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.autosusadonissan.com