Thursday, January 28, 2010

Apple Reveals Its Latest Toy

Somewhere between the iPhone and the MacBook comes Apple's latest toy, the Apple iPad.  The iPad was shown in California yesterday. Available in approximately 60 days, the latest gadget from Apple should start at around $499.  To read all about the iPad, see the article below:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/01/26/hotly-anticipated-apple-tablet-expected/

Personally, I am not sure that I see the Apple iPad will be the next big thing from Apple. I can see its advantages: a cheaper laptop, less wiring and hassle, and more functions than an iPhone.  Not to mention a neat new toy for all the nerds and gamers out there. The main appeal I could see is for consumers that want something like a laptop but do not want to pay full price for a regular laptop. It is quick, convenient and easier to lug around than a normal laptop.

I am just not sure if consumers will pay the price when most people already have a good phone or good laptop. I like having a computer where I can type with no problem and not have to look down at the keys. I like to focus my attention on a laptop or desktop screen while I type, as opposed to looking at the keys on my computer's keyboard. One other thing the article mentions is that Apple plans to focus heavily on the gaming market. I cannot see most gamers, or at least serious ones, playing in-depth or intense games on the iPad. It is hard enough to play games like Call of Duty or strategy games on a laptop. Desktops have always been more fitting for computer games so I am not sure, and am skeptical, of how Apple plans to target the gamers. I suppose only time will tell if the iPad gains popularity.  One thing is for sure, people love to spend money on new technology. So anything can be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment


www.autosusadonissan.com